Writing Center Instructions
As a required part of writing this essay, you must meet with a tutor in the Writing Center to help you in developing and revising your draft. THIS IS A GRADED COMPONENT OF THE ASSIGNMENT. Please follow these instructions:
- You must make an appointment with the Writing Center. This appointment must take place between 10:00 a.m. on June 28, 2001 and 6 p.m. on July 6, 2011. You will be going in pairs to the appointment.
- You must take this assignment sheet, your draft, and your concerns sheet (see page 2) with you to the appointment. You will begin to fill out the concerns sheet in class and take notes on it during your appointment. If you do not have these materials, they will not be able to help you.
- Be prepared to spend roughly 30-40 minutes actively engaged in working on your draft with the tutor—they will not do any work for you.
- During your session, you will make notes on the concerns sheet. YOU MUST FILL THIS SHEET OUT YOURSELF based on your discussion with the tutor. At the end of the session, ask for a Visit Verification slip. You will attach this to the essay when you turn it in to me.
- Be respectful and courteous to the tutors.