The mission of the Institute for Women's Studies and Services (IWSS) is to serve as a feminist hub for transformative education, programming, and advocacy on issues of gender equity and social inclusion. We aim to provide academic and holistic support for students targeted by sexism and other intersecting oppressions.
Our office is unique in that we offer both academics (one major and two minors), as well as direct services to students. The services arm of IWSS empowers students, faculty, staff, and community members by providing access to resources and information that meet the needs of a diverse student body. Through our collaborations across campus, we also offer programing that encourages engagement in critical dialogue and advocacy for social justice.
At IWSS, we are committed to inclusive excellence in academic programming and services. All genders are welcome!
Check out this article by our very own affiliate faculty member, Linda Meric! As the Executive Director of 9to5 - a National Association of Working Women - she's answered countless calls about sexual harassment on their Job Survival Helpline and has hosted workshops about sexual harassment and the abuse of power for thousands of Coloradans. This worthwhile read details her hopes to change workplace and social culture so that all women feel safe and empowered to take action!
Movie Screening: Get Out
- Wednesday, February 21 @12:30pm
- Student Success Building, Room 111
- Now that Chris and his girlfriend, Rose have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family's overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter's interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he never could have imagined...
Bridge Speaker: Symone Sanders
- Thursday, March 1 @11:00am
- St. Cajetan's
- Free of charge, open to all
- A democratic strategist and CNN political commentator, Symone Sanders rose to prominence as the press secretary for Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign. She champions inclusivity and encourages you to embrace diverse voices and perspectives in the pursuit of building strong communities that will help change the world!
For more events, visit the university events calendar!