Summer and Fall 2018 GI Bill® Information
- Summer - Undergraduate full time for VA benefits is 6 credits from 6/04/18 to 7/28/18. Any other combination please contact us to find out what your rate of pursuit would be.
- Fall - Undergraduate full time for VA benefits is 12 credits from 8/20/2018 to 12/15/18.
- For graduate coursework please refer to the University Catalog for full-time requirements.
- Distance learning courses (online, correspondence, self-paced online and some hybrid) can affect Post 9/11 Benefits. Contact us with questions.
- Self-paced online courses CANNOT be certified until course completion. This will affect all benefit types should you register for a course of this type.
- Post 9/11, students need to submit a Certification Request no later than 6/01/2018 for summer and 8/17/2018 for fall to avoid service fees. Tuition does not need to be paid up front when a certification is submitted on time and you can disregard any notice about your balance unless you are less than 100% eligible for Post 9/11.
- Only courses that are required for your degree can be certified.
- Please read other important reminders in the box below.
After registration, you must submit a Certification Request in order to receive your benefits.
Things to Remember
- The monthly payment from the VA is paid in arrears (first of the month for the prior month) and prorated for any month in which you are not in class for the full month
- All students must submit a Certification Request after registration for each semester they intend to receive VA payments. Certification Request
- Only courses that are a degree requirement can be certified
- Inform us of ANY registration changes (add, drop and withdrawal) so we can report that in a timely manner and advise you of the impact, if any
Post 9/11 and Fry Scholarship
- Students taking only distance learning courses (online, some hybrid, self-paced and correspondence) are only eligible for Half the National Average of BAH.
- The book stipend is capped at 24 credits for the academic year (August 1 to July 31). If you attend full time in Fall and full time in Spring, you will not receive a book stipend for Summer
- If you attend half time or less you will not receive BAH. Learn more about BAH eligibility.
- Active Duty members are not eligible for the BAH from VA. If you separate from active duty during the term or applied for benefits prior to separation the VA will require your DD214 to change your status.
Post 9/11, Fry Scholarship and Voc Rehab
- Once the add/drop deadline passes and charges are solidified tuition and fees will be reported to the VA for Post 9/11 and Fry
- Voc Rehab will be paid by your counselor when they are invoiced after add/drop by the Bursars Office
Montgomery GI Bill (Chapters 30 and 1606)
- In order to be paid you must verify your enrollment with the VA
- The soonest you can verify is the last day of the month to release payment
- Call 1-877-823-2378 or visit W.A.V.E to verify enrollment