General Eligibility & Expectations
- 2.75 Cumulative GPA
- Completed Urban Leadership Program Application
- Completed Interview with ULP Committee
- Enrollment in LDR 1010 Course.
- Full-time enrollment (12 credit hours) for Spring and Fall Semesters.
- Commitment to participate in program co-curriculum throughout semester.
- Meetings two times each month (2nd and 4th weeks) on Friday mornings from 8:15-9:45 am
- Semesterly Service Project (approximately 10 hours/semester)
- More information outlined in our Handbook
Application Information & Link
Priority Review for Fall 2019 Cohort March 15-April 15
The Urban Leadership Program utilizes the scholarship application at MSU Denver technology. A couple notes:
- If you have already completed the general scholarship application for 2019-2020, just update your application to include the essay questions for the Urban Leadership Program.
- The general scholarship application lists a number of questions which aren't used for consideration of the program, but may be used for a number of other scholarships at MSU Denver. The selection committee will not use content from the following essay in our decision, "Educational endeavors are influenced by a range of academic interests. . . "
- We will consider the Urban Leadership Program Essay quite a bit as we screen through applications, so make sure to proofread and critically think through a thorough response to address this essay:
1. Tell us about someone in your life who is not an immediate family member, who demonstrates leadership.
2. What is the biggest leadership need within a community you belong?
3. Describe a process of change you've observed within a group of which you belong.
If you are having issues with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-615-0872