CIS 2010 Placement Test
The Office of Testing Services administers the CIS 2010 Screening Test in Tivoli 347, (303-615-1700). No appointment is necessary to take the exam during regular business hours. Please contact the Office of Assessment and Testing for evening or weekend exam availability.
For study and preparation materials see the CIS website at this link.
NOTE: CIS2010 also requires completion of ENG1010, ENG1020, MAT1310 and SPE1010. Placement questions should be directed to the School of Business Advising Office.
General Testing Information:
- Part A of the exam has 50 computer concepts questions worth one point each. All 50 questions must be answered within 60 minutes.
- Part B of the exam has 50 Access and Excel questions worth one point each. All 50 questions must be answered within 60 minutes.
- Scores are available within two business days of taking the test. The scores are arrived at by combining the points earned from both Parts A and B of the exam.
- Students scoring 75% or higher will be able to register for CIS2010.
- Students scoring below 75% may register for CIS/CSS 1010.
- Students may take the test twice in a five year period. Students may not test twice on the same day.
Follow this link to see a copy of the CIS 2010 Placement Test - Info Sheet