First Steps After Receiving Your New Phone
Now that you’ve received a new telephone and phone number, it is recommended that you change the greeting on your old phone number to inform callers that you have a new number. This message will remain on the AHEC phone system through December 1, 2017. Additionally, to avoid confusion, please set your old phone number to not accept voicemail messages. Please update your profile in Banner with your new phone number as well. The instructions below describe these processes:
Step 1: Update your greeting on your former phone.
- From any phone, dial 303-556-2500 to connect to the AHEC voicemail box system.
- Login using your old phone extension and password.
- Press the 3 key to access the ‘Administer Personal Greeting’ menu.
- Press 1 to change your greeting.
- Enter the greeting number 1.
- Press 1 and record the following greeting: “This number has changed to 303-615-XXXX”.
- Press # to activate the greeting.
- Press # to return to the Main Menu.
Step 2: Set your former phone extension to not accept voicemails.
- After pressing the # key to return to the Main Menu, press the 5 key (even though it’s not listed as a menu option).
- Press 7 to access the ‘Administer Call Answer Options’ menu.
- Press 1 to prevent callers from leaving messages.
- Disconnect the call.
Step 3: Check your phone number in Banner.
Your new number will be updated in Banner automatically, but the ‘Wave’ deployment needs to be fully completed before the update takes place. If you would like to update your new number in Banner immediately, please use the following process:
- Go to the MSU Denver Faculty & Staff Hub using a browser.
- Click the Self Service Banner link.
- Log in using your NetID and password.
- Click the Personal Information Menu link.
- Click the Update Address(es) and Phone(s) link.
- Click the Primary link under the 'Campus Box' - 'Phones' heading.
- Enter your new phone number in the Phone Number field. (Please refer to the example image for the field location and phone number format.)
- Click the Submit button to save your changes.