Academic Technology Subcommittee
The Academic Technology Subcommittee is a University-wide advisory committee to provide communication, collaboration, and coordination to MSU Denver technology services specifically related to the teaching and learning environment. Specific activities of this committee include:
- Provide oversight and recommendations for technologies and services supporting the teaching and learning environment, including the learning management system, classrooms, and computer labs.
- Review and recommend technology services and solutions to improve the overall teaching and learning environment for students and faculty at MSU Denver.
The committee is co-chaired by the Director of the Educational Technology Center and one non-Technology Services member of the committee.
- Director of the Educational Technology Center
- Other ITS personnel as appropriate
- One faculty representative each from the College of Business, College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences, and College of Professional Studies
- One representative appointed by Faculty Senate
- One representative appointed by Student Governance Association
- Two representatives from Academic and Student Affairs (in addition to the faculty from the three Colleges)
A co-chair will be selected by the committee at the final meeting prior to the end of the spring term for the following year. The co-chairs, along with other members of the committee, communicate the work of the committee and champion the recommendations. Appointments to the committee are for a two-year, renewable term.
|Current Representitives||Term Expires|
|Director, ETC||(Chair) Nick Pistentis||N/A|
|(Co-Chair) Jeff Loats|
|CLAS Faculty||(Co-Chair) Taylor Kendal||2017|
|COB Faculty||Leticia Pleis||2015|
|CPS Faculty||Peggy O'Neill-Jones||2016|
|Faculty Senate||Lisa Ortiz||2016|
|ASA Appointee||Michael Kolb||2015|
MSU Denver ITS is responsible for providing administrative support for the committee. These responsibilities include taking the minutes of meetings, maintaining the Committee email list and official website, issuing Committee notices, meeting agendas, and other arrangements as necessary for regularly scheduled and special meetings.