What is CO-LEADS?:
This annual leadership summit brings together college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Students participate in a day of interactive workshops, speakers and networking sessions that challenge, grow, inspire and empower them to make change in their own lives and their communities.
CO-LEADS was established in 2009 by a group of individuals on the Auraria and DU campuses as a way to build intercampus connections and to bridge discussions of leadership and social justice in a meaningful way.
Themes and Outcomes:
By actively participating in CO-LEADS, students:
- Explore long-term activism
- Connect with students from their own and other Colorado campuses, creating a larger network for collaboration and change making; and
- Engage a wide range of opportunities available to make positive change in our society.
Specifically, every participant will:
- Deepen their understanding of their own and others’ identities, and of the intersections of these experiences
- Consider ways in which they can participate and share in long-term, sustainable activism
- Leave each session, and the day overall, with action commitments for positive change on their campus and in their community
To learn more please visit: https://www.du.edu/cme/programs-services/coleads.html