The following programs take place each year:
CO-LEADS Student Summit
The CO-LEADS conference was established in 2009 by a group of individuals on the Auraria and DU campuses as a way to bridge discussions of leadership and social justice in a meaningful way. The Summit invites college students from across Colorado to join in discussions of social justice, activism, advocacy, and social change. Throughout the day students participate in a number of workshops that challenge, grow, and inspire them to make change in their own lives and their communities.
Illuminate brings together MSU Denver students for a one-day experience designed to grow confidence and connections to create change in our local communities.
Mission and Goals of Illuminate:
- Bring students at MSU Denver together
- Increase self-awareness through introduction of Emotional Intelligence Work
- Increase awareness of Denver-Area resources, organizations, and socially responsible leaders and organizations.
- Increase awareness of assets in addressing ongoing community challenges.
Latinx Leadership Conference
Thursday, March 29, 2018
Purpose & Outcomes:
The purpose of the Latinx Leadership Summit is to nurture the cultural pride and identity development in the Latinx community on the Auraria Campus.
As a result of participating in the Latinx Leadership Summit participants will:
- Understand the ways in which their voice, perspectives and experiences impact and matter in the the global community.
- Develop an understanding of how cultural identity impacts leadership.
- Engage in critical dialogue and reflection about the ways in which we strengthen our Latinx community on the Auraria campus.
- Increase skills and awareness of how to be an agent of social change in their communities.
Student Involvement & Leadership Awards
Each year, over 35 individuals and groups are recognized for their efforts in creating community at MSU Denver through the Student Involvement & Leadership Awards. Nomination and selection materials available March 1, 2018.