Research Assistant Program
Department of Social Work
The Research Assistant (RA) Program facilitates opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to participate in faculty/administration research, scholarly, and creative endeavors. Work may include preparation of research materials, analysis of data, literature review, conference preparation, or other similar tasks associated with academic scholarship.
The RA must be able to function in a fast-paced, demanding educational environment. The ideal candidate is someone who pays attention to detail, is thorough, organized, a quick-learner, works independently with little supervision, can make sound decisions, and is committed to supporting the mission and values of the Department of Social Work and MSU Denver.
Students must apply to the position to be added to the RA Pool (see application link below). When openings become available, qualified students will be matched with faculty/administration needing support.
- Work under the direction of one or more faculty/administrative members assisting them with current research, scholarly or creative projects.
- Identify and analyze literature relevant to the projects undertaken.
- Prepare materials for research studies.
- Assist in the gathering of data related to projects assigned, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews, and pulling, organizing, and/or entering data.
- Assist in the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assist in the preparation of drafts of reports of projects.
- Current Master of Social Work Student or senior Bachelor of Science in Social Work Student in good standing.
- Previous research experience
- Proficiency with APA, MS Word, MS Excel
- Familiarity with SPSS or equivalent quantitative analysis software
- Familiarity with QSR or equivalent qualitative analysis software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Students interested in applying to the RA pool should fill out the RA application here:
Please note: the application will requier submission of an updated resume.
For More Information, contact:
Melissa Grogan Gore | Administrative and Financial Services Coordinator
Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration & Finance
email@example.com | 303-605-7037