Welcome Desk Ambassador, Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration & Finance
The Welcome Desk Ambassador in the Department of Social Work, Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration and Finance, serves as a liaison to students, faculty, and community members by connecting them with departmental and campus resources, and providing support.
The Welcome Desk Ambassador is often the first point of contact and initial person students, faculty, and community members will meet when they engage with the Department of Social Work. Therefore, the Welcome Desk Ambassador is someone who is helpful, detail-oriented, energetic, and passionate about being a Roadrunner. The Welcome Desk Ambassadors serve an important role in helping students develop a sense of belonging at MSU Denver and are an essential part of the Department of Social Work team by providing important support services.
This is a part-time position with opportunity year-round. Pay begins at $12/hour.
Key accountabilities and duties:
The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include one or more of the following:
General Advising and Student Services Support:
- Will utilize the department advising materials and knowledge to provide introductory advising information to students, to include supporting students with navigating and accessing campus resources.
- Participate in peer advising/mentoring program.
- Provide support and participate in departmental events such as Fall Assembly, MSW Pinning and Hooding Ceremony, Honors Night, BSSW Senior Celebration, and more.
Office Reception & Administrative Support
- Greets students, faculty, staff and all department visitors with highest qualities of customer service. Assists them with directions and general questions about the university.
- Schedules appointments for faculty and staff, and when appointees arrive, notifies faculty and staff that their appointment has arrived.
- Answers the office phone and provides information and/or directs the call to the appropriate person.
- Restocks office supplies and break room supplies.
- Runs errands to campus offices including Student Success, Administration Building, the Bookstore and the Tivoli.
- As requested, will work with faculty and staff on a variety of special projects such as compiling documents and spreadsheets, building packets, mailing books, and coordinating events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Familiarity with office equipment (fax, printer, phones, etc.).
- Positive attitude, demonstrates flexibility, and is a team player.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Problem-solving skills.Excellent customer service and people skills a must!
Contact Kayla Duensing, Welcome Desk Coordinator
Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration and Finance