Graduate Teaching Assistant (G-TA) Pilot Program
The Graduate Teaching Assistant (G-TA) Pilot Program facilitates opportunities for graduate students to participate in teaching and activities that support students and the faculty instructor. This is a part-time position. Teaching Assistants (TAs) selected to participate in the G-TA Program will earn $1500 for a full semester's work.
During the pilot phase, 1-2 graduate students will be selected.
The TA must be able to function in a fast-paced, demanding educational environment. The ideal candidate is someone who pays attention to detail, is thorough, organized, a quick-learner, works independently with little supervision, can make sound decisions, and is committed to supporting the mission and values of the Department of Social Work.
Students must apply to the position in order to be added to the TA Pool. When openings become available, qualified students will be matched with faculty needing support and fit with experience, schedule, knowledge and the project.
TA Responsibilities may include the following:
- Work under the direction of one or more faculty members.
- Understand the course objectives and content.
- Identify and analyze materials and literature relevant to course.
- Assist in the gathering of resources related to the course.
- Prepare materials for courses.
- Assist in the evaluation of student work.
- Assist in the preparation of lectures, test materials, and test preparation materials.
- Lead course discussion.
- Provide individual and group support to students.
- Provide support to the course in Blackboard.
- Hold office hours.
- Current MSU Denver graduate student in good standing in their department; or,
- Current MSU Denver Master of Social Work(MSW) student in good standing in the program and department; or,
- A recent (within past 12 months) graduate of MSU Denver’s MSW Program. Must have remained in good standing throughout their tenure in the program.
- Working knowledge of Blackboard.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Note: The student may not TA for a course they are currently taking or will take in the future.
Graduate students interested in applying to the G-TA Program should fill out the G-TA Application here:
Please note: The application will require submission of an updated resume and a recent writing sample.