9th Annual Palliative Care Social Work Conference
Road Maps to Resilience: Teams, Patients and Families
The 9th Annual Palliative Care Social Work Conference was a success! Stay tuned for future updates about the 2018 Conference.
PDFs of speaker presentations are available below:
- Susan Hedlund, LCSW (Keynote Speaker) - Cultivating Resilience: Helping Patients and Families Find Strength
- Terry Altilio, LCSW, ACSW (Keynote Speaker) - Enhancing Resilience: Suggested Concepts to Delineate & Deepen Team Process
- Bob Davidson, LCSW, and Kim Mooney - Implementing Colorado End of Life Options Legislation: Social Work Bridging Patient Needs with Medical Providers, Handouts - Implementing Colorado End of Life Options Legislation
- Jennifer Levi, LCSW, ACHP-SW - Interdisciplinary Outpatient Cardiology Palliative Care: Models for Interventions and Treatment Planning Specific to Cardiology
- Laurel Tropeano, LCSW, and Bree Owens, LCSW, ACHP-SW - Think Outside the Box: How Social Workers Used Data to Create a Successful Pallilative Care Business (Professional Resilience)
- Elise Torres, BSSW (MSW Candidate, Class of 2017) - Resiliency Among Latino Patients with ESRD Who Have Transitioned from Emergent-Only to Non-Emergent Hemodialysis
See the Final Schedule and Speaker Bios Here: 9th Annual Palliative Care Social Work Conference Schedule
Community Partner Sponsorship
Event Coordination done by the Student Association of Social Workers at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
Proceeds will go towards student social work professional development and education.