Skip to main content Skip to main content

Transfer Student Guide

Transferring to MSU Denver

Students transferring to Metropolitan State University of Denver must first apply as a transfer student through the Office of Admissions. Once they have been accepted into MSU Denver and have had their transcripts evaluated, they will be advised regarding remaining General Studies and other prerequisite requirements that must be fulfilled. Transfer students are also expected to meet the BSSW Program’s prerequisite requirements.

Social Work Course Transfer Policy

Incoming students who have taken Social Work courses at another college or university may have the coursework reviewed to apply for Social Work credit for the courses. To be considered, coursework must have been completed at a college or university accredited by a regional accreditation body (see MSU Denver website for additional information). In addition, certain coursework must have been completed within a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education to be considered for transfer into the BSSW Program. There is a limit to the number of courses and the types of courses that may transfer in as Social Work credit. To be considered for credit, students must provide documentation that includes the course description, course syllabus, and requirements. For a full description of the transfer requirements and of the process for consideration of credit, please see the Department of Social Work website.

Transfer Student Resources

For more information on the transfer process, please visit the Transfer Services website. Before meeting with an advisor in the Office of Social Work Student Services, we recommend requesting a preliminary transfer credit evaluation. To do so, email and include the following information:

  •     First and Last Name
  •     Mailing address
  •     Birth Date
  •     Name of institutions for all transcripts to be evaluated
  •     Copy of each transcript
  •     Anticipated start term

Please bring the evaluation to your advising appointment so that an advisor can best assist in answering your questions about prerequisite and general studies requirements. To schedule an appointment, please call 303-615-0555. 

Community College Partnerships

Our community college transfer agreements are currently being updated. Please contact the Office of Social Work Student Services at for more information or call our Welcome Desk at 303-615-0555 to schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor.

Edit this page

Connect With Us‌

Facebook Twitter Linkedin

Contact Information

Main Office Phone:



Main Office
Central Classroom Suite 201

Office of Field Education
Central Classroom Suite 202

Office of Social Work Student Services
Central Classroom Suite 206

Maps and Parking

Quick Directions

Mailing Address:

Metropolitan State University of Denver
Department of Social Work
PO Box 173362 CB 70
Denver, CO 80217-3362