Working with the Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration, and Finance Team
Social Work students have a one stop shop for excellent advising, support and resources. Whether you just want to triple check that you are registered for the right classes or you are struggling to pass a required course, the Office of Social Work Student Services staff is here to talk one-on-one with you and get you back on the right academic track.
With your academic success as our focus, we will support you throughout the admissions process and help you map out a personalized academic plan that balances your personal life with your academic and professional goals. And, if something goes wrong or changes along the way, we are here to get you back on track and revise your plan. Office of Social Work Student Services advisors are experts on navigating MSU Denver systems, navigating higher education systems in general, and on navigating the sequence of social work course work with a real understanding that not all students are the same.
After graduation, we will work with you as alumni in planning and participating in community events and other exciting partnerships. As the Office of Social Work Student Services grows, we plan to offer special programs and workshops for students such as resume building, communication skills workshops and other professional development type opportunities. For example, last year we provided professional headshots to all graduating students as a special graduation gift.
Communicating with the Team
It's good to keep in mind we are a small team supporting a large and rapidly growing group of social work students. Therefore, we work hard to communicate with you in the most effective ways. We ask that you help us with that by utilizing these resources:
- Check your MSU Denver email regularly. This is very important because it is the official means of communication at MSU Denver and in the Department of Social Work.
- Bookmark our website and review the content on a regular basis.
- Bookmark the Advising area located on our website and review it so you are well-informed on university and program requirements
- Utilize the official ways to contact us (described below).
We recommend that you schedule an appointment with an academic advisor as we are not always able to accommodate walk-ins. By scheduling an appointment, the advisors are able to provide you with the most accurate and thorough experience. When communicating through email with any staff or faculty member of our department, it is important that you use your MSU email so that it does not get lost in our junk mail.
There will be times when you just have a few questions you want to ask via email.
- Prospective BSSW Program or MSW Program students email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accepted and enrolled BSSW Program students email email@example.com
- Accepted and enrolled MSW Program students email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will also be times when you need to request an advising appointment. You may do so by:
- Calling the Department of Social Work Welcome Desk at 303-615-0555
- Visiting the Department of Social Work in CN 201
We also offer Information Sessions on campus and online via Zoom. You can check upcoming events here Information Sessions
We look forward to supporting you along your journey!