Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration, and Finance
Our vision is to change the higher education landscape – removing barriers and leading with innovative student support and business practices - so that everyone has access to the highest-quality and affordable education.
From first contact through alumni engagement, we take a dynamic approach to holistic student services by providing intentional support to increase accessibility, enhance the student experience, and promote the success of our diverse student body.
We take an innovative business approach that integrates enrollment management with budget and administrative practices – advancing the position of the Department of Social Work’s students, faculty, and staff by optimizing resources and ensuring students are central to decision-making and strategic planning.
To achieve this mission, the Office of Social Work Student Services, Administration and Finance team commits to the following themes that are aligned with the strategic plan of the Department of Social Work:
- Recruitment and marketing efforts that aim to attract a diverse pool of prospective students and interact with the community with purpose.
- Advising and admissions efforts that are student-centered and incorporate best practices as well as departmental and university goals.
- Intentional and cutting-edge enrollment and budget management, providing goal setting that aligns with departmental development and growth strategies, reliable data projections for purposeful planning, and intervention strategies to address any identified issues.
- Continuous self-assessment practices that result in improvements to our services that incorporate student voices.
- Partnering with our alumni as colleagues who mutually invest in the future of MSU Denver, our community, and the success of future social workers.
- A commitment to team development and a healthy and productive work culture.