Applying to the Bachelor of Science in Social Work Major
Students who have decided to pursue an undergraduate degree in Social Work should declare "Undeclared Social Work" as their major when applying to Metropolitan State University of Denver. After being accepted into the social work program, we will declare your major as Social Work.
Students must apply to the BSSW Major in the Spring semester prior to the Fall semester in which the student intends to start the BSSW Program, and be accepted into the department before registering for any Social Work core classes.
- Advising is required for all students majoring in Social Work.
- All prerequisites must be completed prior to the Fall semester in which students start the BSSW Program.
- Please visit our BSSW Program Coursework page to download an Advising Chart and review the prerequisites and program courses.
- Feel free to join us at an information session!
- Students may only begin the BSSW Program in the Fall semester.
- The department only accepts new majors once per year.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance via their MSU Denver email.
Ready to begin the application? Click Here to Begin the Application Process