Election Services Commission
Are you interested in managing or assiting the SGA election processs?
*To apply for the Election Services Manager log into your Orgsync account and click here!
*To apply for the Election Commissioner log into your Orgsync account and click here!
*This position is hired for a starting date no earlier than January 1st of 2018 through May 31st 2018.
The Election Services Office of the Student Government Assembly at MSU Denver is responsible for implementing and maintaining the MSU Denver election process for all campus’ general elections and special elections. This process ensures that all elections are implemented effectively, swiftly, and in a timely manner. By taking an impartial and neutral stance, the Election Commission office is able to execute a fair, efficient and outstanding voting experience for all MSU Denver students.
Please download the following packet listed below, for the position you intend to run for. Elections take place once a year during the Spring semester. Terms last one year with possibility of reelection. Elected positions students can campaign for includes:
- Vice President
- Student Trustee Delegate
- SACAB Delegate (Student Advisory Committee to the Auraria Board)
Students interested in running for an elected position must meet the following requirements:
- Must have and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA (2.25 for Senate, pending constitution passing)
- Graduate students must have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled in at least 9 credit hours per semester during the fall and spring semesters (6 credit hours for Senate)
- Earned at least 9 credit hours from MSU Denver
- Must have at least one full academic year remaining at MSU Denver
- Never been found responsible for violating the Student Code of Conduct
- Able to pass a background check
- Strong written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Available to work on Fridays
Additional Requirements for SACAB and Student Trustee Candidates:
- Must be a resident of CO for at least 3 consecutive year before the election (for
- SACAB and Student Trustee)
- Must have Junior or Senior standing before election (for Student Trustee)
The next election cycle will take place in April of 2018, stay posted for more information!