Hourly employment is for students who are paid 100% from departmental, grant or foundation funds. Complete the following steps for submitting your paperwork to Human Resources.
1. Register for a Student Employment New Hire Orientation
- Dates and Times are online at the Student Employment Calendar
2. Complete and bring the New Hire Packet to orientation.
- Complete all the forms required to work in a MSU Denver department
3. Print out and bring in your detailed class schedule
- During the Fall and Spring semesters, student employees must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours (unless it is the last semester before the student graduates).
- During the the summer, student hourly employees may be below this requirement but must submit proof of registration for the fall.
- Students who are below the minimum of 6 credits hours in the summer will be automatically be enrolled in the Student Employment Retirement Plan (SERP). (Exceptions are given to students taking less than 6 credit hours in the last semester before graduation. Please inform HR if this is the case.)
4. Bring in the acceptable documents to verify employment.
- New employees must bring their acceptable forms of identification with them to Orientation, in order to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Click below to view the list of acceptable documents.
5. Direct Deposit Enrollment
- A voided check or a letter from the bank with the routing and account numbers must be provided
- Bank statements or deposit slips are not valid
When to complete the continuing employment packet:
- To extend your current job for the next semester.
- If you've been hired for an additional position.
- If you've exhausted your work-study funds and the department has funds to pay you from.