Hourly employment is for students who are paid 100% from departmental, grant or foundation funds. Complete the following steps for submitting your paperwork to Human Resources.
1. Register for a Student Employment New Hire Orientation
- Dates and Times are online at the Student Employment Calendar
2. Complete and bring the New Hire Packet to orientation.
- Complete packet of all forms required to hire students to work in a MSU Denver department
3. Print out and bring in your detailed class schedule
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters (unless it is the last semester before the student graduates). It is not required for students to be enrolled for the summer but they must submit proof of registration for the fall.
- Student who are below the minimum of 6 credits hours in the summer will be automatically be enrolled in the Student Employment Retirement Plan (SERP). (Exceptions are given to students taking less than 6 credit hours in the last semester before graduation. Please inform HR if this is the case.)
4. Bring in the acceptable documents to verify employment.
- Students must bring acceptable documents with them to Orientation to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 Form. Click below to view the list of acceptable documents.
5. Direct Deposit Enrollment
- A voided check or a letter from the bank with the routing and account numbers must be provided
- Bank statements or deposit slips are not valid
When to complete the continuing employment packet:
- To extend your current job for the next semester.
- If you've been hired for an additional position.
- If you've exhausted your work-study funds and the department has funds to pay you from.