Transfer Success Tips
Take ownership of your education! Determine your major’s degree plan, course of study, and what classes you need in order to graduate. Know policies, procedures, and deadlines. The tips below will provide some guidance with the transfer process, but ultimately, your success is up to you!
- Do your research to make sure MSU Denver is the type of institution you are looking for in regard to physical location, class size, and degree offerings
- Meet with an advisor before transferring to guarantee your classes will transfer AND help degree progress
- Be mindful of admission deadlines:
- Apply for Fall semester by July 1
- Apply for Spring semester by mid-December
- Apply for summer semester by mid-May
- Submit transcripts to the Office of Admissions from ALL previously attended institutions and make sure final grades post before having transcripts sent
- Apply for scholarships as soon as possible! You must fill out the FAFSA and general scholarship application in order to be eligible. Applications are accepted until November 1, 2018 but the sooner you apply the better! The priority deadline for institutional scholarships is March 1st. Check out some additional scholarships from the Scholar Success program.
- Complete the next steps once you've been admitted to the university
- Learn how to navigate the Student Hub and Blackboard
- Make an appointment with the Individualized Degree Program (IDP) if you are looking to get prior learning credit or customize a degree based on credits earned and area(s) of academic interest
- Discover the many FREE resources available to you, including tutoring, career services, clubs and organizations, counseling, and peer mentors
- Don't be afraid to ask for help, as staff and faculty are here to support students through graduation and beyond!