Denver Scholarship Foundation Leadership Program at MSU Denver
Denver Scholarship Foundation Overview
As a Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) Leadership Program participant, you are provided with various opportunities to prepare for a successful academic career at MSU Denver. As these scholars are already participants in the Colorado Challenge program, which places a strong emphasis on academic advising, the DSF Leadership Program will focus on building scholars’ connection to campus resources faculty, staff, and peers; and leadership qualities through activities and training. The Colorado Challenge program will count completion of the DSF Leadership Program Passport as scholars’ Student Success Requirements.
Scholar Success Program (SSP) COMPONENTS
- DSF Leadership Workshops/Events: DSF Leadership Program will host opportunities to develop their leadership, receive academic and professional development support, and to build community with other scholars on campus.
- DSF Leadership Advisory Board: DSF Leadership Program members can participate in the Advisory Board and decide on events and activities for DSF scholars on campus.
- Mentorship: Faculty mentor and peer mentor support.
- Buddy Program: Each DSF Leadership Program scholar will have a buddy to attend events, grab coffee, or for general support. First-year students will have a DSF Scholar to ask questions and support them. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors will have the opportunity to mentor a first-year student.
- Professional Development: DSF Leadership Program students will have the opportunity to sign-up for Career Assessments and apply for professional development funds for classes, conferences, etc…
- Attend the DSF Leadership Program Welcome Event or schedule a meeting with the Scholars Success Coordinator.
- Sign a DSF Leadership Program participation contract.
- Participate in activities for each of the following categories by the end of the Fall 2017 semester:
- Campus Resources (2 minimum)
- DSF Leadership Workshops/Program Events (2 minimum)
- Buddy Program (1 minimum)
- Attend the Colorado Challenge Welcome Back Event or FAFSA/DDAIA Workshops
- Receiving DSF award for current term.
- In addition to meeting the DSF Student Success Requirements (SSR) and DSF Scholarship deadlines.
- DSF Leadership Program Welcome Event
- Learn about the DSF Leadership Program, sign-up for upcoming activities, connect with different campus resources, and get lunch.
- Tivoli 230, September 21st 10:30am-1:30pm (Drop by anytime!)
- Emotional Intelligence Leadership Workshop
- Come find out about how your emotional intelligence (your ability to recognize your own emotions and others) connects to your leadership!
- SSB 324, Sept. 29th 10:30am-1:00pm (Lunch is provided)
- Study Break and Test Tips
- Want a quiet place to study and some caffeine to accomplish the job? Wants some tried and true test taking tips? DSF Leadership has reserved a quite study place, the Access Center and Counseling Center will review some test taking tips, and we’ll buy your coffee!
- Fat Jack’s (Coffee Shop on 9th St.), October 6th- 12:30-2:00pm
- Career Assessments: Interested in signing up for a Career Assessment?
- DSF Leadership Program will pay for the Strong Interest Inventory or MBTI Career Assessment and coordinate an interpretation with Career Services.
- Contact Lauren Koppel at firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested.
- Professional Development Funding: Interested in applying for Professional Development funds towards a conference, class, exam, or more? Complete the application here: https://msudenver.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0CZ5zKKuQWXWC9L
For more information on the Denver Scholarship Foundation Leadership Program at MSU Denver, please contact Lauren Koppel at 303-605- 5419 or email@example.com