Boundless Opportunity Scholarship
Boundless Opportunity Scholarship Overview
The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship is provided by the Daniels Fund, named for the cable television tycoon Bill Daniels. Mr. Daniels wished to contribute to the community in which he lived through a variety of outreach programs as well as educational support throughout the higher education community in Denver. The Boundless Opportunity Scholarship is designed to help full-time and part-time, non-traditional students, who have financial need, complete a degree at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver). The scholarship will provide scholars selected as full-time students with an award of $3000 over one year ($1500 each semester from fall 2016 - spring 2017) provided all program requirements are met. The scholarship will provide scholars selected as part-time students with an award of $1600 over one year ($800 each semester from fall 2016 - spring 2017) provided all program requirements are met.
Boundless Opportunity Scholarship Requirements
- If you are selected as a full-time student, you must enroll in a minimum 12 credits in the fall and spring semesters.
- If you are selected as a part-time student, you must enroll in a minimum 6 credits each semester.
- Maintain a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements as defined by Financial Aid.
Scholar Success Program
As a Boundless Opportunity Scholar, you are required to participate in the Scholar Success Program (SSP). The mission of SSP is to provide academic support services, leadership development programming, and enrichment activities for scholarship students to assist them in reaching their full academic potential and goals at MSU Denver. You will receive individualized attention from program staff, including a Peer Advocate, and be connected to MSU Denver staff, faculty, students, and resources. The MSU Denver Scholar Success Program requires the following criteria:
- Attend a welcome event or schedule an individual meeting with a peer mentor or the Scholar Success Program Coordinator.
- Sign a Program participation contract.
- Participate in activities for each of the following categories by the end of the Fall semester:
- Leadership development (2 minimum)
- Community-building/Academic Support (3 minimum)
- Faculty or peer mentoring (1 minimum)
- Complete all requirements on the Student Success Passport by the specified deadline each fall and spring semester. (The program staff reserves the right to modify or change these requirements as needed to ensure student success.)
- Complete any and all additional requirements requested by SSP staff by an agreed upon date
For more information on the Boundless Opportunity Scholarship, please contact
Cary Aplin-Gomez at 303-605-5427 or firstname.lastname@example.org