Check In After You Arrive
After you arrive in Denver, schedule a time to officially "check in" with International Student Support by sending a quick email to ISS. You should do this even if you are transferring to MSU Denver from another school in the U.S.
Ideally, you should check in before you attend International Orientation and New Student Orientation. The "I-20 Hold" on your record will prevent you from registering for classes if you fail to check in.
After scheduling your time to check in with International Student Support, you should plan to bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Your valid passport
- Your F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Your I-20 (F-1 students) or DS-2019 (J-1 students)
- If you are a transfer student, you should bring any previous I-20s or DS-2019s you had from another school, as well as your new MSU Denver I-20 or DS-2019.
- Your SEVIS I-901 Fee Receipt
- This can be accessed online. If you are unable to print it before your scheduled meeting, International Student Support can print it for you.
- Your I-94
- This can be accessed online after you have entered the United States on your F-1 visa. If you are unable to print it before your scheduled meeting, International Student Support can print it for you.
During your check-in, your documents will be scanned and returned to you. You will also be given some basic paperwork to complete. If you have general questions about immigration or the University, please feel free to ask during this check-in! More details will be provided to you about the University during your New Student Orientation. Further details about your F-1 status or J-1 status will be given during International Orientation.