New International Students
Welcome to Metropolitan State University of Denver! We are so happy that you have chosen to study here. As an international student, there are a few things you should take care of before classes begin for your first semester at Metro. A quick checklist of some of these important things are listed below:
- Admission - Before beginning classes, you will need to be admitted by MSU Denver. Check out the International Admissions website for admission criteria.
- Get Your Visa - Learn how to schedule your visa interview and what to prepare before obtaining your student visa.
- Schedule a Check-In with International Student Support - Send ISS an email to schedule a time to meet with the International Student Support Coordinator and have your immigration documents scanned.
- Register for International Orientation - International Orientation is mandatory for all F-1 students and J-1 exchange students.
- Register for University Orientation - University Orientation is offered through the New Student Orientation office. Like International Orientation, it is also mandatory for all students. Depending on whether you are a freshman or if you are transferring from a new school, you may find different orientation options depending on your status. Find the option that works best for you!
- Find Housing - You will need a place to live after you arrive in Denver. Take some time to find the option that is right for you!
- Set Up a Bank Account - Paying tuition and fees is easier with a U.S. bank account. Learn about our U.S. banking system and options here in Denver.
- Learn About Transportation in Denver - Getting around Denver can be fun! Trains, buses, walking, and biking are all great ways to learn more about the city you will be living in.
If you have questions about any of this information, feel free to send the International Student Support Coordinator an email!