Maintaining your Immigration Status
As an international student at MSU Denver, you have opportunities to excel academically, prepare for your career, and explore extracurricular activities. However, it is extremely important that you properly maintain your immigration status. Remember to always communicate with International Student Support if you have any changes to your program or your immigration status. Additionally, it is your responsibility to pay attention to all of your important documents. Be aware of expiration dates on your passport and I-20. These will help you succeed in maintaining your immigration status while you are a student here at MSU Denver.
Common Immigration Issues
- I am changing my degree program and/or major - See this page if you plan to change your major, degree level, or another aspect of your academic path.
- I need to extend my I-20 or DS-2010 - See this page if you need to extend the date on your I-20 or DS-2019. You need to do this BEFORE the expiration date on your I-20 or DS-2019.
- I am traveling internationally and want to know how to return to the U.S. successfully - See this page to learn about traveling outside of the United States and then reentering using an F or J visa.
- I need to learn about maintaining full-time enrollment requirements - See this page to learn about full-time enrollment requirements and about the acceptable reasons for full-time exemption.
- I need to transfer to another U.S. institution - See this page if you need to transfer your immigration record to another University, or if you are transferring your immigration record to MSU Denver.
- I have recently changed my U.S. address. Complete this quick online form to report a change in your address. You are required by the U.S. Federal Government to report any changes to your phone number, email address, or address in the U.S. within 10 days of moving. This is different than updating your address in your StudentHub. ISS is not notified if you change your address in the StudentHub, so please complete this form to officially request an address update in your SEVIS immigration record.