College Works frames the summer before your first year at MSU Denver to provide on-campus employment, knowledge of MSU Denver resources, and connection to MSU Denver students and staff.
A College Works Scholar experiences a summer of exposure to MSU Denver by working in an on campus job that often pertains to their major or field of study. In addition to employment, scholars will expand their perspective by participating in workshops led by Peer Mentors that will complement their professional development and first year preparation. Students will have access to resources that will equip them to enter college generating feeling prepared and ready to further their education.
To participate in the College Works program you must be able to attend an employment registration session on April 25th or 26th and a twelve hour training the week of June 10th-14th. After attending orientation, College Works participants will be placed in an on-campus job pay $11.10/hr for approximately 12 hours a week.
The First Year:
The College Works Program doesn’t end in the summer, but extends support and opportunities with scholars throughout the year, assuring the success of students. We help students navigate obstacles that may present themselves their first year of school. The College Works Program is a plan of support, success, and acknowledgment of college tools and resources.
How to Apply:
Please review the eligibility for the program by your county:
Adams County Residents:
- Ages 16-24
- Experience challenges to employment including but not limited to:
- Receiving SNAP, TANF, or free or reduced lunch
- Homeless or housing-insecure
- Being a person with a disability (physical, mental, and learning)
- Be parenting or pregnant
- Be a foster youth or former foster youth
- Have been involved in the criminal justice system as an offender (including a misdemeanor, felony, probation, parole, etc..)
- Be an English language learner
- If you have any questions about eligibility please contact Brett Schager at email@example.com. Please call 720-523-6964 and let them know you are interested in MSU Denver College Works to determine if you qualify.
Denver County Residents:
- Ages 16 -24
- Must meet low-income requirements such as but not limited to (SNAP, TANF, Pell-eligibility, attend a Title 1 school (here is a list of those schools), free or reduced lunch)
If you have questions please contact Scott Bergman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-605-5636.