What is waitlist?
The waitlist is an automated function and runs from the start of registration through the first week of class.* When an opening occurs, the first person on the waiting list will be sent an email authorizing that student to register for the open seat within 24 hours. This means that:
- You need to check your msudenver.edu email account every day while you are on a waiting list.
- You will have 24 hours from the date and time of the automatically-generated email notice to register yourself for the course.
- If you do not register yourself within the time allotted you will be dropped automatically from the waiting list.
Again, if you do not register before your notice expires the system will automatically drop you from the waiting list and notify the next student on the list. Neither the Department nor the Registrar’s Office will be able to make exceptions for students who do not register for the class within the time period stated in the notification email.
Waitlisting and Registering for a course can be accomplished as you have always done:
- Log on to STUDENT HUB
- Click on “My Services/Registration” tab
- Click on “My Services/Registration” link in middle of page – a new tab, or window, should open
- Click on “Registration, Student Financial Services, etc.” link
- Click on link for “Registration”
- Click on “Add/Drop/Waitlist Classes” link
- Select term from the drop down box, click “Submit”
- Add CRN numbers for classes, choose “Wait List”, “Register”, etc. and click “Submit”
The waitlist may be available through the first week of class, but this availability varies by department. Students on a waitlist should check with the appropriate department regarding specific waitlist policies. Students will not be charged tuition if they are on a waitlist.