Degree Within Reach: Colorado's Reverse Transfer Program
You've done the work, you deserve the credit! The research is clear: a degree boosts earning potential and career opportunities.
Degree within Reach is a process that allows students who have transferred from a Colorado community college to MSU Denver to combine credits from both institutions and apply them towards an associate’s degree.
If you are a transfer student, this means you can earn the associate’s degree you started at your community college while still working toward your bachelor’s degree. No consequences on your current academic standing, progress toward your bachelor’s, or financial aid.
1) MSU Denver will contact students who may be eligible for this great opportunity.
You may be eligible for a reverse transfer if:
- You have completed 15 credit hours at a community college in Colorado;
- You have a minimum of 70 credit hours, including coursework at MSU Denver;
- You transferred to that four-year institution since Summer 2012;
- Your completed credit hours meet the requirements for an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of General Studies, to be determined via a degree audit;
- You have not requested that your data be withheld at either institution;
- You have not already received an associate’s or bachelor’s degree.
2) Interested students will need to opt into the program; these students agree for their credit information to be sent to their former community college.
3) Students will then be contacted by their former community college to either grant the degree or inform students of how many more credits are required.