Prior Learning Assessment
At Metropolitan State University, we value the college-level knowledge you may have acquired outside the traditional classroom. Earn credit for what you already know!
WORK AND LIFE EXPERIENCES
College-level knowledge can be acquired from work and life experiences such as:
- Employer Training Programs
- Independent/Self Study
- Military Service
- Non-Credit Courses
- Volunteer and Community Service
PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENTS
MSU Denver offers the following types of prior learning assessments:
- National Standardized Tests (College-Level Examination Program, DSST, Advanced Placement Examinations, International Baccalaureate)
- Evaluation of Military Training and Occupations
- Departmental Credit by Examination
- Portfolio Assessment
OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
Is Prior Learning Assessment a good fit for you?
- Complete the Prior Learning Assessment Questionnaire to find out!
- Meet with your Academic Advisor in your program as well as Interim Director for the Center for Individualized Learning, Kim VanHoosier-Carey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-615-0410), to determine how much, if any, credit for prior learning may apply to your particular degree.