Banner User Guide: Registration Permissions
This user guide is designed to help administrative staff and faculty provide registration approval to individual students using the Banner Form SFASRPO. If you have questions that are not addressed in this guide, please call the Office of the Registrar at 303-556-3991.
- Students must carry the responsibility of registering themselves whenever possible.
- If a student encounters a registration error and you determine he/she is fit to take your class, you can allow this student to register by providing approval in SFASRPO.
- When using SFASRPO, you are putting all registration responsibilities back in the student’s hands. This eliminates the need to collect and store the student’s signature.
- SFAREGS should only be used as a last resort to register the student on their behalf.
- All registration adjustments need to be completed before census date.
Using SFASRPO, you can provide a student permission to register for a class while still leaving the act of registration in their hands.
- Enter the student's ID number
- Select the semester the student will have permission
Choose from the following list of permissions when students encounter registration blocks.
- ADVISOR: Override-Math Group Learning
- ATTRIBUTES: Student Attribute Override
- CAPACITY = To allow a student to register in a class with a max seat count met
- CLASS = Department is overriding a class restriction
- COREQ = To allow a student to register for a class without its co-requisite
- DEPT = To allow a student to register in a class with a “DP” special approval
- DEPT/CLASS: Department is overriding a class restriction
- DEPT/MAJOR: Department is overriding a major restriction
- DEPT/PRERQ = Department is overriding a prerequisite
- PROGRAM = Department overriding a program restriction
- REPEAT/CRS = To allow a student an additional repeat by course
- REPEAT/HRS = To allow a student an additional repeat by credit hours
- SPECIAL = To allow a student to register for a class with a special approval restriction
Supply any of the following information to give the student permission
- Subject and course number ( allows the student to select any section available)
- Subject, course number, and section ( if you don’t know the CRN)