Special Academic Program
The Honors Program at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver) provides opportunities for high-performing students to participate in a more challenging and stimulating intellectual experience. Honors Program courses provide an enhanced educational experience through work with primary documents, the inclusion of multiple disciplines, collaborative work and a deeper engagement with course material.
Students complete 13–21 semester hours of Honors Program course credits that can count toward graduation requirements for general studies, a major and a minor and others.
In addition to honors-only courses, students can enroll in those cross-listed with the Honors Program, as well as complete contracts and internships, to complete requirements.
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
Students in the Honors Program have the following unique opportunities:
• Attend smaller, more engaging classes.
• Apply for special scholarships and book awards.
• Take advantage of many research opportunities.
• Access social and study spaces in the Honors House.
• Enjoy social and cultural outings with fellow students.
• Attend program-sponsored activities on and off campus.
• Develop leadership skills in student organizations.
• Write an honors senior thesis of your choosing.
• Receive an honors notation on your transcript.
• Gain special recognition at your commencement.
Hear from our students:
“I truly appreciate being around like-minded students who strive to achieve goals set beyond the standard status. There are so many resources and opportunities in the Honors Program, as well as a caring support staff and an eclectic group of fellow students. If you desire the most from your education at MSU Denver, then the Honors Program is waiting for you!”
—Becky Jackson (BA in psychology, 2016)
Alumni at Work
Graduates of MSU Denver’s Honors Program have gone on to work for organizations such as:
• Denver Public Schools
• National Wildlife Federation
Other graduates have gone on to study in post-baccalaureate programs in schools such as:
• University of Denver
• University of Colorado Denver
• University of Colorado
• Colorado State University
• George Washington University
• Louisiana State University
Legacy of Arts and Letters
Global Challenges of the 21st Century
What Is Literacy?
The Purpose, Place and Price of Arts in America
Apocalypse: Apocalyptic Visions in the Digital Age