OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
President Davidson is committed to ensuring the safety of the MSU Denver community. She believes that safety in classrooms, offices and public spaces is essential to the health of our learning community.
That said, increasing gun violence is a reality. To be prepared, Davidson asks all community members to:
- Review current Auraria Campus emergency procedures.
- Put the Auraria Police Department phone numbers on their cellphone favorites list: Emergency, 303-556-5000; Tip line for text messages, 720-593-TIPS (8477).
- Contact the CARE Team if you notice a student in distress.
Read Davidson's message on emergency preparedness in light of the Feb. 14 tragedy in Parkland, Florida.
Watch Davidson address campus safety at the March 13 Spring Update:
President Davidson believes that great leadership needs to be inclusive, and that bringing a diversity of voices to any discussion will ensure a better solution. From day one, she has called on University leaders to empower their teams by delegating decision-making power.
To implement her vision, Davidson has:
- Created Universitywide Advisory Councils to examine issues of critical importance to MSU Denver's mission.
- Held Inclusive Leadership Summit for 50 University leaders to provide clarity around the topic and tools to help foster inclusivity on their teams. See artistic renderings of the notes from that summit.
- Included an Idea Catcher on her website to allow people to submit their most creative thoughts and suggestions.
Watch Davidson talk about inclusive leadership at the March 13 Spring Update: