Locate Funding Opportunities
The Assistant Director of OSRP can assist PIs in identifying potential funding sources. To request a customized report of opportunities that match your area of interest, please complete the following form and submit it to the Assistant Director.
Prospective PIs can also conduct their own funding opportunities research using a range of valuable resources listed below:
GRC’s proprietary search engine, GrantSearch, includes 2,000 private and federal funding opportunities screened for recurrence and for higher education eligibility. Search results provide a high proportion of viable opportunities because the database excludes solicitations that are limited to a specific region, that make fewer than three awards annually, and for which higher education institutions are not eligible to apply or partner. To access GRC, please contact Kristin Schneider Baldwin, ext. 65008, for the user name and password.
COS-Pivot Funding Opportunities Database
MSU Denver has a paid subscription to the COS Pivot funding database which allows faculty, staff and students to locate funding opportunities, both public and private, across all disciplines and for many different purposes. Featuring 25,000 records representing over 400,000 opportunities worth over $33 billion, COS Pivot is the single most comprehensive source to search for funding. With COS Pivot, you can add your own tags to funding opportunities, create personalized folders, save and share searches, set up weekly alerts and let the system search for you.
- Faculty, staff and students with existing COS accounts can log into COS Pivot using their same username and password. If you have forgotten your password, please contact Kristin Schneider Baldwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or x65008
- Anyone with a valid MSU Denver email address that does not have a COS account can create a COS Pivot account at: http://pivot.cos.com/register
- MSU Denver Pivot Handout
- COS Pivot Quick Start Guide
- Funding Search Tips
- After you've created a COS Pivot account, you can register for free webinars here
- There are a number of short tutorials on Pivot’s YouTube Channel, including Getting Started with COS Pivot which provides a quick overview of the new platform and Profile Search. With Profile Search, COS Pivot combines the COS funding opportunities database with a database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles unique to MSU Denver (and other institutions). This allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty from inside or outside our institution. Conversely, a search for a scholar will link to matching funding opportunities.
- Grants.gov - Grants.gov is a resource for locating current grant opportunities, guidelines, and applications. Metropolitan State University of Denver is registered with Grants.gov. Applications being submitted electronically through Grants.gov must be submitted by OSRP staff, who serve as the Authorized Organizational Representatives (AORs)
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) - lists federal contract opportunities
- Colorado Department of Higher Education
- Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado Department of Health and Human Services
- State Purchasing Office Contract Opportunities (Select "Public View" at the bottom left-hand side to view opportunities)
City and County of Denver
- Metro Denver Office of Economic Development
- Denver Regional Council on Governments
- Department of Finance, Grant Resource Center
Faculty members may apply for Center for Faculty Development Reassigned Time Awards and Start-Up Money Awards in support of efforts connected to external grant writing.
Faculty seeking professional development funds should check with their department head and/or Dean.
Administrators and classified staff seeking professional development funds may apply for reimbursement through Accounting Services.