PC does not appear to turn on
Are the power lights lit for both the PC and display?
- No? Go to #1.
- Yes? Go to #2.
- Power light lit for the display only – go to #3.
- Power light lit for the PC only – go to #4.
(1) No power lights lit for PC or display
No power is going to the system. If plugged into a power strip make sure it is plugged into wall outlet and that the strip is turned on. If there is power at the wall outlet and no power to the strip, check the circuit breaker on the strip. The circuit breaker will be a small button near where the power cord for the strip enters (It is not the power switch). Try pressing the button in.
(2) Power lights lit for PC and display
Check the signal cable going from the back of monitor to the back of the PC. The cable connector has two thumb screws on it or it may have clips. Re-seat both ends of the cable by loosening the thumb screws or pressing the clips and removing the connector and then plugging it back in (The end attached to the monitor may not be removable).
(3) Power light lit for display only
Check the power to the PC. Start by checking to make sure the power cord which is located in the back near the top is pushed all the way into the back of the PC. Also, near where the power cord plugs in may be a power switch with a 1 and 0 on it. Make sure the side with the 1 is pressed down. Follow the power cord to the outlet it is plugged into. If it is plugged into a power strip, make sure the power strip is turned on and that the strip has power. Try plugging the PC into a different outlet
on the strip or directly into a wall outlet.
(4) Power light lit for PC only
Check the following:
- Press the power button on the front of the monitor.
- Check the power to the monitor by checking to make sure the power cord is pushed all the way into the back of the monitor.
- If the display is an NEC there may be a power switch on the left or right end of the display with a 1 and 0 on it. Make sure the side with the 1 is pressed down.
- Follow the power cord to the outlet it is plugged into.
- Try another outlet or try another power cord, if one is available.
If this does not solve the problem, call the Help Desk at 303-352-7548.