Summer 2017 in Ravenna, Italy
When, where and how much?
- May 5th to July 1st, 2017
- Palazzo Malvisi School in Ravenna
- Price to be announced
Ravenna is a treasure chest of art, history and culture. It is a city of ancient origins and glorious past. It served three times as a capital: of the Western Roman Empire, of the Goth Empire under Emperor Theodoric, and of the Byzantine Empire.
In Ravenna’s basilicas and baptisteries, we find a rich patrimony of mosaics dating back to the 5th and 6th centuries. Its historical center has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
In Ravenna is the burial site of Dante Alighieri, the father of the Italian language. Its cobblestone streets reveal its past as a sea city which at one time was a great competitor of Venice.
Today, residents still relish their proximity to the coast and to 35 kilometers of Adriatic beaches, natural marine parks, and bike trails. Ravenna is in a key geographic position enabling you to explore the whole of Italy. Our program includes in fact several interesting excursions.
What is included in the price?
- Five weeks intensive Language Course at the Palazzo Malvisi school.
- 6 MSU Denver credit hours in Italian
- Resident director
- One-day excursions to Venice and Ferrara
- Two-day excursion to Florence
- School facilities
- Cultural activities (guided tour of Unesco Monuments, Mosaics Course, Cooking lesson, Wine tasting, horseback riding)
- Housing in homes with select families
- Daily breakfast and four dinners per week
Contact: Program Director Simona Sansovini, Department Modern Languages