Microsoft Imagine (Formerly DreamSpark)
This page is for Mathematical and Computer Science Students enrolled in one or more Computer Science classes (CS) ONLY!
Engineering and Computer Information Systems students should contact their respective departments for the procedure.
We participate in the Microsoft Imagine Program so our students have access to a lot of development software at no cost to them.
General information about the Microsoft Imagine program can be found at https://imagine.microsoft.com/en-us/about
- Microsoft Office products are NOT available through this program.
- You may not receive software unrelated to a MSU Denver class.
In order to receive software from this program, you must follow these steps:
- Contact Chris Kimmett from your MSU Denver email with your name, the Computer Science class you are taking, and your instructor's name.
- Once your account has been created you will receive an email with the login information.
- Login to the site: Imagine - MSU Denver to get the software through secure internet download.
- Select the product you want to download and add it to your cart. Agree to the terms of the license agreement and download/run the Download Manager. Make sure you take note of the license number from the checkout page. You will need it to install the software. At average broadband speeds, a typical product's CD will take less an hour to download.
- Accounts expire at the end of each term.
- If you forget your password, go to the site, attempt to log in, and follow the instructions
- These instructions must be followed and the ELMS system used for every product. Failure to do so will result in the termination of this program at MSU Denver.
Microsoft Alliance Software via Imagine for Academic Institutions
The MSU Denver CIS Department has an arrangement with Microsoft which enables students to obtain legal copies of selected software at a very nominal price, usually free.
To access the software on the Imagine site do the following:
- go to the URL below
- click the "Register" button and then enter your "fully qualified MSU Denver email" (email@example.com)
- complete your registration and you should then get access to the site
- Select any software package you desire by clicking the corresponding "Add to Cart" button".
- Once you are finished selecting software click on the "Shopping Cart" link.
- After viewing your shopping click the "Check Out button to check out.
- Once your order is processed you will receive:
- your Product Key for the each software package you chose
- instructions on how to download and install all of your chosen software packages
NOTE: If you decide to install the software later or on a second computer you can log into Imagine and click the "Shopping Cart Icon" which will show your software history including links to download the software AND your product keys.