The Non-Degree Program is for students who are interested in taking just a few classes, up to 9 credits of graduate-level courses, for continuing education, licensing, certification or other purposes.
Admissions Requirements and Application Packet Details
- At a minimum, 12 credits of accounting coursework must be completed before you can start the program. Highly recommended are:
- ACC 2010 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 2020 Principles of Accounting II
- ACC 3510 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC 3520 Intermediate Accounting II
- Although not necessary, other prerequisite courses may be necessary. The most common being:
- ACC 3090 Income Tax
- ACC 3300 Accounting Information Systems
- ACC 3400 Cost Accounting
- ACC 4200 Auditing
- If you come from a non-business background, you should have experience with computer spreadsheet applications and database management, e.g. Excel and Access. You should also have a working knowledge of the basic tools of business calculus.
- Application Packet
- One of the following
- Official proof of earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (see section 2.b. for submission details)
- Official proof of being admitted to a regionally accredited graduate program
- Official proof of approved certification/licensure or of passing scores for exams (for example, CPA; contact department for submission process) and bachelor’s degree
- Transcripts from all universities or colleges, regardless of outcome, must be submitted.
- Transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institutions (can be mailed, address below, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MSU Denver official transcripts do not need to be requested.
- International transcripts must have an official English translation done by a certified translator and a professional course-by-course evaluation showing equivalency to a U.S. bachelor's degree. World Education Services (www.wes.org) or Education Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) are recommended professional transcript evaluation service providers.
- Graduate Admissions Applicationand $50 non-refundable fee
- Additional documentation is required for international students. Please visit the International Student Admissions webpage.
- If applying with bachelor’s degree
- Admissions under this category is based on your GPA.
- We calculate an index score using this formula
- If your GPA is 3.0 or higher, you will be admitted on a space-available basis to the program.
- If your GPA is below a 3.0, you do not qualify to apply for the Non-Degree Program.
- If applying with proof of being admitted to another graduate program
- If you’ve been admitted to another regionally accredited graduate program, you will be admitted on a space-available basis to the program.
- Admissions under this category is based on the exams you’ve taken/cert you’ve been awarded and having a bachelor’s degree.
- If applying with exam or cert
- If you’ve been awarded a bachelor’s degree and have an approved certification/license or passed the exams for a cert/license, you will be admitted on a space-available basis to the program.