College of Business Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
The learning objectives of the business program provide students with the opportunity to:
- obtain, understand and apply information from the liberal arts, sciences, business and discipline-specific courses to organized issues and situations.
- explain how ethical, legal, political, regulatory, social, global, environmental and technological issues influence business decisions.
- analyze a business problem by incorporating diverse perspectives.
- apply foundation business knowledge and skills to develop competent decisions in the areas of accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management and marketing.
- communicate effectively the alternatives considered, a recommended solution, and an implementation strategy in oral, written and electronic form.
- demonstrate knowledge and skills to meet career needs.
- exhibit and appreciation for extra-curricular activities and continuous, life-long learning.
The degree requires completion of course work in general studies, the core business disciplines and requirement, a major, and electives. A minor is not required.