Working With Us
Partners in your communications success
Each year, our writers, editors, designers and marketing and Web experts work closely with faculty and staff on more than 1,000 projects—including publications, photography, Web content, programs and events—all telling the MSU Denver story. Whether directly or by providing strategic consultation on projects, we help faculty and staff reach their audience while communicating MSU Denver’s vision of preeminence.
Your first step is to fill out a creative brief. This brief will help you identify your objectives and will assist us in understanding your goals. After you submit your creative brief, a staff member will contact you to discuss your project and explain how our office can help. If Marketing and Communications will be working on your project directly, we will create a production schedule, including milestones and expectations for what you will provide and what we will produce.
- Project deadlines: If you do not meet your deadlines as agreed in the initial project timeline (e.g., providing text, approving design), your project will be delayed. The delay may be substantial, as missed deadlines may result in your project moving to the back of the queue.
- Printing: Our estimates do not include the time it will take for printing. Printing may take an additional one to three weeks, depending on the type and quantity of the project.
- Complexity: The more complex your project, the longer it will take.
- Existing workload: Our current workload at the time you submit your project may increase the turnaround time or warrant exploring other options to help you meet your deadline.
- Mailing: If your publication needs to mail by a certain date, contact us early to discuss its parameters.
Because success breeds success, the number of communications projects submitted to our office has increased dramatically in recent years. This high demand has required us to prioritize our efforts, to align with those outlined in the University’s strategic plan. While the demand for our services sometimes exceeds our resources, we are committed to helping your communications project be successful. If our workload is already at capacity, we will help you complete your project by referring you to recommended freelance writers and designers with whom we have worked successfully. You may always discuss with our staff any concerns about the logistics or cost of working with freelancers.
Whether you’ll be completing your communications project with us, with a freelancer or on your own, conformity with the MSU Denver brand—graphical and written—helps you leverage the power of the institution for your department or initiative. Please go to Brand Central to find a blueprint for MSU Denver communications consistency.
Services for Faculty and Staff
We provide the following services to faculty and staff. Estimated turnaround times depend on various project considerations. Contact us if you can't find the type of project you are looking for.