The Office of Marketing and Communications is charged with keeping the University community up to speed on the latest news from campus and beyond.
We get the word out to faculty, staff and students with the following tools:
- MSU Denver website
- The Early Bird, which is emailed to faculty and staff daily and features campus news, major announcements, updates on legislative issues and other matters that affect the University
- The Insider, MSU Denver's newsroom featuring in-depth news and human interest stories
- Insider news feed, a biweekly digest of stories from the newsroom emailed to the campus community and a variety of external constituencies
- The 'Runner, a weekly email for students produced in collaboration with Student Engagement and Wellness
- Metropolitan Denver Magazine
- Student Hub
- Emails promoting various signature events
To inform faculty, staff and students of important MSU Denver news and individual accomplishments, Marketing and Communications creates and distributes multiple electronic news publications:
- MSU Denver suite of electronic publications – The MSU Denver suite of electronic publications includes the official University newsroom the Insider, The Early Bird, which is emailed to faculty and staff daily and featuring campus news, major announcements, updates on legislative issues and other matters that affect the University and the Student Hub.
- Metropolitan Denver Magazine, published three times per year to keep MSU Denver alumni and friends informed of University initiatives and successes.
Campus Web Communications
Given MSU Denver’s ever-increasing emphasis on technology to move toward a paperless and green campus, we put a high priority on Web communications.
Marketing and Communications manages the overall look and feel of MSU Denver’s website, as well as the Newsroom Archive and the Student Hub. We also manage the The Early Bird, The Insider and several other content channels.
We work closely with MSU Denver Information Technology Services to implement University-wide technology initiatives.
Campus Signature Event Promotion
Marketing and Communications promotes and manages University-wide and signature events hosted by the President’s Office and the Advancement and External Relations Office for the campus community.
Ongoing internal events that we promote include the Welcome Back Ceremony held for faculty and staff each fall, the annual scholarship dinner, commencement ceremonies, and faculty and staff appreciation events such as the winter holiday party and the spring barbecue.
Our team promotes these events by developing news releases and media alerts, websites, invitations, emails, posters, flyers, programs, advertisements and brochures, forecasting, and managing event logistics, budgets and vendor relationships.