Facilitated by Lynne Winter
Come explore the many wonders of crochet in a relaxed environment! Learn how to read patterns as well as work building-block stitches; learn how to chain, single crochet, half-double crochet, double crochet, and finish off a project. Classes will introduce a new skill and allow time to start a project that can be completed at home. Students will leave the class with four projects, resources for continuing to improve your skills, extra yarn and lots of ideas!
Class Dates: February 16, 23 March 2, 9
Times and Location(s): Student Success Building Room 211, 6 - 8 pm
Class Cost: $80
Course Materials, please purchase your own prior to the class:
1. 4-6 Skeins of Red Heart Yarn: Super Saver or Classic Yarn in LIGHT COLORS ONLY!
2. Crochet Hooks Sizes G/6, H/8, I/9, J/10, K/10.5, L/11. Hooks are cheapest when purchased in sets, and personally, I like plastic hooks by Susan Bates.
3. One pair of sharp scissors
4. Blunt end tapestry needles with wide-eye that will fit yarn--for weaving in ends.
1. Fabric Measuring Tape
2. The Crochet Answer Book, 2nd Edition: Solutions to Every Problem You’ll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You’ll Ever Ask
Note On Where to Purchase: I suggest purchasing supplies at Joann Fabric or Michaels. Both stores have weekly coupons and will accept competitor's coupons. They will also allow you to use more than one coupon per purchase IF the coupons are DIFFERENT. You could use a Joann coupon, a Michaels coupon, and a Hobby Lobby coupon in one transaction! Be sure to check with your local store for other restrictions.