Denver Chalk Art Festival
Click the links on the left to few past event pictures
The Denver Chalk Art Festival on Larimer Square is a FREE two-day street-painting festival. More than 200 artists spend hours that weekend turning the streets of Larimer Square into a museum of chalk art. Artists, sponsors and spectators find it difficult to describe in words the splendid experience that Denver Chalk Art Festival creates.
Denver Chalk Art Festival is produced by the Larimer Arts Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting arts awareness and education in Denver.Read more about the Larimer Arts Association.
- Friday Night Lights on Larimer, Friday, June 5th, 6 PM – 10 PM:
- Ride your cruiser or walk to Larimer for happy hour on the Square
- Enjoy drink specials and mingle with artists as they prep for their weekend work
- Grab a cold, Blue Moon Brewing Co. specialty beer and chat with the brewer
- Tag Larimer Square in a DIY graffiti showdown – show us your skills with a beverage in one hand and spray paint in the other
- Enter-to-win fabulous prizes and dance the night away to live music under the twinkling lights of Larimer Square
- Featured Artists: The event showcases five madonnari (professionals in this medium); all are award-winning street painters including first place finishes in the International Street Painting Competition in Grazie di Curtatone, Italy. Two of the madonnari, Stephen DeOrio and Grace Hollenbeck, are Colorado residents.
- Live Music: Live music will take place throughout the festival.
- Youth Challenge: The Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design presents the festival’s Youth Challenge, where a dozen talented groups of youth and students from Colorado schools and organizations will compete for cash prizes that will go to their respective school’s visual arts departments.
- Kids Corner: Children and their parents can take part in this festival for a small donation and let their imaginations soar as they create their own mini masterpieces.
- Wine Pavilions: Guests can taste a variety of wines from around the world at three wine tents within the event. Wines are available by the glass. Cheers!
- Artfully Crafted: Select from Blue Moon, Honey Moon Summer Ale, Coors and Coors Light– available for purchase at three locations around the event site.
- Beverages for the Whole Family: The wine and beer locations also have a variety of non-alcoholic products to quench even the most thirsty art-enthusiast!
- Accommodations: There are so many great places to stay in Denver, like Marriott’s SpringHill Suites Downtown Denver at MSU Denver. With each hotel boasting something special, we recommend usingTrivago to narrow down your search.
Our artists need sponsors!
Sponsorships start out as little as $300.
Food Vendors and Interested Exhibitors
We are now accepting applications for food and novelty food vendors:
The deadline to apply is February 28, 2016.
If you would like to be added to our database of vendors, please email email@example.com with your contact information and a description of your goods and services.