Industrial Design at Metropolitan State University of Denver offers a National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) accredited 4 year Bachelor of Science degree. The department is positioned to assist you in becoming a successful designer in the field of Industrial Design, with our dedicated, experienced and well-qualified faculty and high quality laboratories. Our program is multi-faceted, offering courses in textiles, bicycle design, furniture design, prototyping in metals, woods, and plastics, and working with outside industry. Students gain marketable skills through hands-on projects led by professors who work in the industry.
The faculty, diverse student body, and metropolitan location of the University in the center of Denver can and will give you an advantage in the successful pursuit of a career in the design industry. We look forward to being an active part of your future education and career plans and hope that you will contact us to learn more about our program by scheduling a visit soon!
Benefits of Earning Your Degree at MSU Denver
The Department of Industrial Design delivers the academic content you expect from a bachelor’s program while also bringing to the table everything that’s unique about MSU Denver’s people and our city’s design community.
The only industrial design program in Colorado to be accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, students here have the advantage of the following opportunities:
- Actively participate with professors for a learner-centered education.
- Develop well-rounded design skills in a hands-on environment.
- Hone your abilities in well-equipped state-of-the-art materials shops.
- Learn from a professional, diverse faculty with real-world experiences.
- Benefit from small classes and individual interaction with faculty.
- Get personalized advising from faculty dedicated to your success.
- Intern with various organizations, and jumpstart a successful career.
- Attend one of the best design programs for return on investment.
- Enjoy attending classes on a vibrant and diverse downtown campus.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
Earning a degree in industrial design from MSU Denver prepares students for further graduate studies or for careers in fields such as:
- Product design and development
- Computer-based jobs/drafting
- Exhibit design
- Entrepreneurial product design
- Model making and rapid prototyping
At the Department of Industrial Design, we make sure you have the tools you need to succeed. Our facilities include:
Cutting-edge technology in 3-D printing, laser engravering, CNC routing, and CNC milling.
High-speed wireless network environment.
Well-equipped teaching spaces and labs.
Computer lab facilities stocked with advanced software packages for 2-D, CAD, and 3-D computer modeling.
Three one-of-a-kind material labs: Woods, Metals, and Composites/Plastics, all fully equipped with tools and machinery.
Fully equipped photo studio.