What are the prerequisites for Practicum and Internship?
Prerequisites for Practicum for students under the Fall 2010 catalog or later:
- HSP 1010—Introduction to Human Services and Community Resources
- HSP 2020—Small Group Dynamics*
- HSP 2030—Theory and Practice of Counseling*
- HSP 2070—Pre-field Seminar
- HSP 2330—Ethical and Legal Issues in Human Services
- All General Studies
* In place of HSP 2020 and HSP 2030, nonprofit students take:
- HSP 2010 Principles of Nonprofit Organization Administration; and
- HSP 3000 Community Change or HSP 3810 Fundraising Strategies
Please see the field coordinator or the department chair if your catalog year is prior to 2010. We also strongly suggest that you’ve had HSP 3490 Multicultural Issues in Human Services and at least two classes from your concentration area.