Lynda.com is a free resource available to all MSU Denver faculty, staff and student employees. This highly-regarded online tutorial service offers thousands of video courses designed to enhance your software, creative, technology and business skills. Thousands of training and professional development courses are available on a variety of topics including communication, business skills, marketing, design, and education & e-learning. Lynda.com is available 24/7 and can be easily accessed using handheld devices.
with Lisa Earle McLeod, Elizabeth McLeod, 1:05:00.
Leadership isn't just a skill for managers. Demonstrating leadership is important for employees at every level of an organization. There are opportunities to lead every day, whether you hold a formal leadership position or not. In this course, leadership and personal development experts Lisa Earle McLeod and Elizabeth McLeod outline how individual contributors or subject matter experts (SMEs) can exhibit leadership by influencing, inspiring, mentoring, and motivating others. They also help you overcome unique challenges such as how to communicate when you think your boss or team is headed in the wrong direction.
- Listening mindfully
- Being a mentor
- Inspiring others
- Asking for and giving feedback
- Leading in high-stakes situations
- Learning continuously
- Building trust
Logging in to Lynda.com
Lynda.com on the Web
- Go to https://www.lynda.com/
- Click sign-in on the upper right hand corner
- If it detects you as MSU Denver, then click “continue”
- If it doesn’t detect you as MSU Denver, then type in, “msudenver.edu” or your full msudenver.edu email address and click “continue”
- Login with your MSU Denver credentials
There is also a Lynda.com app for your mobile devices. Search for 'Lynda.com' in your App or Play Store. Download, install and open the app. Follow these instructions to log in:
- On the opening page, click 'Already a member?'
- At the top of the next page, select the 'Organization' tab.
- Scroll down slightly to 'Web Portal', enter 'msudenver.edu' in the box, and click 'Log in'.
- The app will take you to a web browser where you will see the familiar MSU Denver log in page. Enter your Net ID and password and click 'log in'.
- A box will appear asking 'Open in Lynda.com?', click Open.
- You will return to the Lynda.com app where you will be asked to Accept the Terms of Service. If you agree, click 'Accept'. If you decline, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will now be logged in to the Lynda.com App.
If you need additional assistance, visit IT Helpdesk Central at https://msudenver.edu/technology/helpdeskcentral/. There you can find resources or contact information for the Helpdesk.
MSU Denver has partnered with Academic Impressions (AI) to offer training and professional development specific to higher education, rooted in practical application and delivered by vetted experts. The topics are needs driven and based on research with practitioners in the field. All employees at MSU Denver have free access to most of their live and recorded webcasts.
with Dr. Myron Anderson and Dr. Kathryn Young, 1:45:00.
Microaggressions don’t necessarily reflect bad intent but can still be very damaging. Therefore, it is important to proactively identify and address microaggressions within your department and your institution before they become a problem. Properly spotting and removing these challenging statements and actions can improve your campus climate while reducing absenteeism, turnover, and employee complaints.
This online training focuses on how you can proactively identify and remove microaggressions from your institution. In our first session, we will work toward understanding different types of microaggressions that are common in higher education and understanding what fuels these behaviors. During our second session, you will be introduced to a framework for removing implicit bias and microaggressions from your environment.
Logging in to Academic Impressions:
- Go to https://www.academicimpressions.com/.
- Click 'Create Account/Login' on the upper right hand corner.
- A login box will appear, click 'Register' at the bottom of the box.
- The registration box will appear; fill out the required information and include Metropolitan State University of Denver in the Institution/Organization field.
- Click 'Register' at the bottom of the registration box.
- You will be automatically logged in and will receive a confirmation email that your registration was successful.
- Once you are logged in, click ‘Training’ in the top menu, then select ‘Included with My Membership’ in the filters along the side of the page. From there you can also select ‘Webcast Recording’ or ‘Live Webcast’ also in the filters on the side of the page.