Lynda.com has officially become Linkedin Learning. You can access Linkedin Learning from the Faculty and Staff Hub (under Web Services, Teaching & Learning). Details and sign in instructions will be posted soon.
Logging in to LinkedIn Learning
MSU Denver has partnered with Academic Impressions (AI) to offer training and professional development specific to higher education, rooted in practical application and delivered by vetted experts. The topics are needs driven and based on research with practitioners in the field. All employees at MSU Denver have free access to most of their live and recorded webcasts.
with Dr. Myron Anderson and Dr. Kathryn Young, 1:45:00.
Microaggressions don’t necessarily reflect bad intent but can still be very damaging. Therefore, it is important to proactively identify and address microaggressions within your department and your institution before they become a problem. Properly spotting and removing these challenging statements and actions can improve your campus climate while reducing absenteeism, turnover, and employee complaints.
This online training focuses on how you can proactively identify and remove microaggressions from your institution. In our first session, we will work toward understanding different types of microaggressions that are common in higher education and understanding what fuels these behaviors. During our second session, you will be introduced to a framework for removing implicit bias and microaggressions from your environment.
Logging in to Academic Impressions:
- Go to https://www.academicimpressions.com/.
- Click 'Create Account/Login' on the upper right hand corner.
- A login box will appear, click 'Register' at the bottom of the box.
- The registration box will appear; fill out the required information and include Metropolitan State University of Denver in the Institution/Organization field.
- Click 'Register' at the bottom of the registration box.
- You will be automatically logged in and will receive a confirmation email that your registration was successful.
- Once you are logged in, click ‘Training’ in the top menu, then select ‘Included with My Membership’ in the filters along the side of the page. From there you can also select ‘Webcast Recording’ or ‘Live Webcast’ also in the filters on the side of the page.