Skip to main content Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Please select an item below to find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions. If you are unable to find a solution here, please go to the Contact Us/Ask HR page to submit a detailed question to the Human Resources staff.


  • How do I find information on the new HR Website?


    The new HR website is designed to be interactive and user friendly. You can access forms and resources by employee type and item category. Supervisors can access forms and resources applicable to carrying out supervisory responsibilities by clicking on Training and Supervisors from the Human Resource website homepage. Timesheets and pay schedules are located on the timesheets tab by clicking on Forms and Timesheets on the Human Resource website homepage.

  • How do I know what type of employee I am?


    There are four types of employees at MSU Denver: Faculty, Administrative Staff, Classified Staff, or Student Employees. The best way to learn what type of employee you are at MSU Denver is to contact Human Resources at 303.556.3120.

  • How do I get my paycheck/paystub?


    Live payroll checks are available on payday in the Cashiers office located in the Student Success building. Paystubs are available online through the Student Hub or Faculty & Staff Hub. Detailed instructions are available through the Online Services page on the Human Resources website.

  • How can a student employee obtain direct deposit?


    A student employee can obtain direct deposit by filling out the Student employee direct deposit authorization form under the form tab. Then it must be turn in to Human Resources along with a voided personal check.

  • How do I retrieve a lost password?


    If you are trying to retrieve your Student Hub or Faculty & Staff Hub password or password for your computer, you can contact IT Technology Support Services at 1877.352.7548. If you are trying to retrieve a password for People Admin, click the reset password for PeopleAdmin or call the Equal Opportunity Office at 303.556.4746.

  • What holidays are observed at the University?


    The University observes an alternate Holiday Schedule 2013 - 2015 (PDF 210 KB). The University is closed on these dates.

  • What do I do if I (or someone I work with) gets hurt on the job. What do I need to do for workers' compensation?


    First, you would need to fill out the "First Report of Injury" form. It can be found on our websites under forms. Then fax it immediately to Human Resources at 303.556.5151. You will also need to follow the procedures by printing out the Workers' Compensation Policy and providers. It can be found under Policies, under the Guideline tab on the Human Resource website.

  • Who do I call if I have a question about classroom use, campus events, or need to schedule a conference?


    Call Auraria Campus Use & Support Services at 303.556.2755.

  • What type of assistance is available to me as an employee to attend MSU Denver?


    Employees of the University may be eligible for either Professional Development funds or the Tuition Reimbursement Program. Information about these programs can be obtained by contacting Human Resources at 303.556.3120.

  • Where can I find current job opportunities?


    You can visit our website, which has a comprehensive list of all of our job postings. If you go to and then click Careers, you can see a list under “Current Opportunities".

  • Who do I call if my car is parked on campus and has a dead battery, is out of gas, or has a flat tire?


    Call Parking and Transportation Services at 303.556.2000.

  • What do I do when a parking pay machine or parking meter malfunctions?


    To avoid receiving a citation or a delay in resolution contract the parking dispatch immediately at 303.556.2000. Please have your vehicle description, plate number, and machine number available before you call.

  • When is parking free on Campus?


    With the exception of attending a special event, parking is free on Sundays and during campus holidays.

  • Does the campus offer an RTD bus and light rail pass to Faculty and Staff?


    Yes, the RTD Eco Pass is available from the parking office in the PTC on 7th and Lawrence. For pricing information call 303.556.2005.

  • I feel unsafe walking to my car at night, what can I do?


    Auraria Campus Parking Services offers a “night rider” service which will pick you up and take you to your car after sunset to 10:00 p.m. Call 303.556.2001 to schedule a pickup. For escorts after 10:00 p.m., contact the Auraria Campus Police at 303.556.500

  •     Edit this page

Contact Us - Ask H.R.

Access your payroll information

Report an injury

Payroll Contact Information

Phone: 303.615.0039

Fax:     303.556.5023

Timesheets Email:

Student & Temporary Employees: 


Search HR


Contact Information

890 Auraria Parkway, Suite 310

Denver, CO 80204

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday: 8am to 5pm

Phone:  303.615.0999

Fax:       303.556.5151


Quick Links


HR Staff Directory

Map & Directions