Cybex Research Institute Research Scholarship Opportunity
The Cybex Research Institute (CRI) and Human Performance and Sport Department have entered into a three year partnership agreement. As part of this partnership, the CRI is offering up to 4, $2,500 undergraduate scholarships per year over the next three years.
How does it work?
STEP 1: Meet with your academic advisor or Dr. Susan Bertelsen to discuss your interest in this research scholarship opportunity.
STEP 2: Come up with your research proposal
Examples of possible research proposals:
- Compare calorie burn at altitude on the Cybex Arc Trainer vs. an elliptical trainer
- Core strength of development using the BRAVO vs. "FreeMotion"
- Cycling caloric expenditure or power output comparing upright cycle to a spin bike
STEP 3: Complete the research proposal application
- Cybex Research Proposal Application
- Research proposal applications are due by the end of March 2014
- If your proposal is accepted, you may begin your project immediately
- Your project must be completed by December 2014
STEP 4: Know your timeline
- Semester 1:
- Application submission
- Preparation for project
- Semester 2:
- Data collection
- Presentation of data
Who is eligible?
- Human Performance and Sport majors or minors who:
- have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- have Junior standing
- are interested in research that would incorporate the use of Cybex exercise equipment or Cybex sales and marketing