Job and Internship Opportunities
Below are current job and internship opportunities for students in the Department of Human Performance and Sport.
Click on the job titles for additional information.
All Sports Physical Therapy, PC
Fax resume to 303-416-4265
All Sports Physical Therapy, PC is looking for an enthusiastic tech pursuing a career in health related field, ATC, PT, etc.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Responsibilities:
Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Physical Therapist Aide Skills and Qualifications:
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Verbal Communication, Listening, Coaching, Health Care Administration, Patient Services, Self-Development, Coordination, Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Supply Management
Please fax resume to 303- 416-4265
USA Table Tennis, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of Table Tennis, located in Colorado Springs, CO, is accepting applications for a Membership and Events internship. USA Table Tennis is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
- Fall: August- December (Travel to US Open)
- Spring: February – April
- Summer: May – July (Travel to US Nationals)
Hours per week are flexible dependent upon class schedule with an average of 20 – 25 working hours per week. Intern must be available to travel to US Nationals or US Open.
The internship will include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Membership data entry
- Tournament results processing
- Processing club affiliation and membership renewals
- Registration processing for the USATT US Open, which includes players from over 30 countries
- Pre-event prep for US Open, various task as assigned
- Working US Open registration desk
- Coaching module changes
- JR National team international event registration
- National team logistics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Publisher
- Experience in sports/event management field is encouraged
- Attentive and detail oriented in assigned projects, self-managing
- Self- starting attitude with the ability to multi-task and take initiative and ownership of projects
- Confident in making phone calls and detail oriented in daily tasks
- Willingness to participate fully in the internship and should be open to limited travel
Supervisor: Reports directly to Ethan Figge - Ratings Manager and Membership Acquisition Support
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
Please submit cover letter, resume and reference list to Ethan Figge, Ethan.Figge@USATT.org